Online Gambling in Ontario: Laws and Regulations
Ontario’s already wide online casino player base has recently expanded even more. The reason for this lies behind the launch of Ontario’s online gambling market on April 4, 2022. Casino players in Ontario are ready to finally step away from offshore casinos and stop worrying about their finances and data safety. They’ll be able to choose from numerous new online gambling operators — all licensed, secure, and trustworthy.
Stay with us to learn about all you need to know about Ontario’s new online gambling market, its top licensed internet casinos, the registration process, and much more.
Recommended Licensed Online Casinos in Ontario
|Sign Up 100% up to C$ 1,000 + 200 Spins||VISIT CASINO|
|Sign Up 100% up to C$ 200||VISIT CASINO|
|Sign Up 100% up to C$ 100 + 50 Spins||VISIT CASINO|
|Sign Up 100% up to C$ 1,000||VISIT CASINO|
|Sign Up 100% up to C$ 500 + 200 Spins||VISIT CASINO|
King Billy Casino
|Exclusive Sign Up 100% up to $ 300 + 200 Spins||VISIT CASINO|
|Monthly 25% up to C$ 100||VISIT CASINO|
|Sign Up 150% up to C$ 1,000||VISIT CASINO|
|Sign Up 100% up to C$ 300 + 200 Spins||VISIT CASINO|
|Sign Up 100% up to C$ 200||VISIT CASINO|
Online Gambling in Ontario
For a long time, online gamblers in Ontario haven’t had any other choice but to join offshore online casinos when looking to pursue their hobby. However, that changed on April 4, 2022, when Ontario launched a regulated online gambling market — iGaming Ontario. With this launch, Ontario became the first Canadian province to open the fifth largest gambling market in North America.
Ontario’s gambling scene has been regulated by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) since 1992. Naturally, the same regulatory body is now in charge of this province’s online gambling market. Negotiations related to rules, regulations, and the application process started in March 2021 and were finalized in June of the same year.
All operators that want to join ON’s online gambling market must file to register with this commission and secure an operating agreement with AGCO’s subsidiary, iGaming Ontario. They also have to agree on revenue sharing with the province. Over 30 gambling platforms have already applied to join iGaming Ontario, and many more will surely follow the lead.
To confirm whether an operator is licensed, look for the iGaming Ontario logo which must be placed on the site.
It can usually be found in the footer of the site. For example, at the bottom of LeoVegas it appears in the footer as follows:
List of All Licensed Online Casinos in Ontario
The following is a list of all fully registered and approved casinos in Ontario who have received their license:
|Casino||Licensed in Ontario||iOS Mobile App||Android Mobile App|
How We Select the Best Licensed Online Casinos in Ontario
Compiling the list of the best licensed online casinos in Ontario was not easy. We searched the web, leaving no stone unturned, and examined each operator based on a set of established criteria. These are the aspects we specifically focused on:
- Licensing — We always make sure the casino we’re looking into holds a valid license. In this case, the license must come from Ontario’s gaming commission we’ve referenced above.
- Gaming library and software providers — Third on our list of priorities is the game quality and selection. All reputable ON operators should offer various slots, jackpots, table and card games, and live dealer titles powered by renowned game developers.
- Bonuses and promotions — We also make sure that all welcome bonuses and ongoing promotions are up to scratch. These offers should be rewarding, and their wagering requirements should be transparent and achievable.
- Payment methods — We believe players should have a wide selection of reliable payment methods. So, we ensure the casino we’re considering collaborates with diverse Canada-friendly payment companies to meet these standards.
- Customer services — The last but not least important aspect we check when examining an online casino is its customer support service. The agents should be efficient and amicable, and the site should offer different communication channels.
How to Register at a Licensed Online Casino in Ontario?
If you have experience with offshore operators, registering at any of Ontario’s licensed online casinos should be a breeze. However, you might need a hand with this process if you’re new to the online gambling scene. Simply follow our step-by-step below, and you’ll be an ON online casino member in a flash.
- Go through our list of top-rated online casinos in Ontario and find the one you’d like to join.
- Visit the casino’s official website using the provided links and click on the Join or Register button.
- Fill in the registration form by providing personal information such as your name, address, date of birth, phone number, and so forth.
- Use the verification code you’ve received by email or text to verify your email address and activate your account.
- Log into your account, visit the Cashier page, and select the banking option you’d like to use to fund your account.
- Enter the amount you’d like to deposit, approve the transaction, and wait for it to clear.
- Use the money in your account to redeem the welcome bonus and start gaming.
Features of Licensed Online Casinos in Ontario
The launch of iGaming Ontario has made ON’s gamblers more excited than ever. This online gambling scene is teeming with amazing casinos and fantastic gaming options. You can have an outstanding gaming experience regardless of your gambling tastes and preferences.
First of all, you won’t have to worry about your safety while gambling anymore. All these casinos had to go through a thorough examination process when they applied for an AGCO license. So, you can relax knowing you’re gaming in a secure and fair gaming environment.
You’ll be able to tap your bankroll with the help of a generous welcome bonus offer as soon as you register and/or make a deposit. However, there’s much more to come. These ON online casinos also treat their regular patrons to numerous ongoing promotions. Cashbacks, no deposit bonuses, rebates, referrals, and free spins are only some of the rewards you can expect.
You’ll have a whale of a time once you enter these casino’s gaming libraries, too. They boast innovative gaming software, classic and popular titles and the latest releases from industry-famous game developers. Whether you’re a fan of slots, video poker, live and virtual blackjack, baccarat, roulette, or craps — they’ve got you covered.
Since ON online gambling platforms have mobile-responsive websites or native mobile apps, you can game on the move. These casinos cater to both iOS and Android users and perform well on a number of devices.
You’ll even get to use your phone to fund your casino account. Operators in Ontario’s online gambling market work with different payment companies. So, you’ll get to use credit and debit cards, e-wallets, bank transfers, and other popular payment methods while on these sites. If you happen to have any questions or run into any issues, customer support agents and the FAQ section should be more than enough to help you answer and resolve them.
Online Gambling Statistics in Ontario
Ontario has the largest participation of all provinces in Canada and as of 2021, contributed to 33.12% of all online gambling activity. With the recent legalization of online gambling, this figure is expected to increase as of 2022. Review the following infographic for more information:
iGaming Ontario, Ontario’s brand new online gambling market, has changed the face of gambling in this province forever. Both new and experienced casino players can now choose between numerous top-notch sites, play their favourite games, and enjoy many other benefits in a safe online gambling environment. If you’d like to join them, check out our ON online casinos pick above.
Absolutely. Ontario online casinos offer various real money games — from slots and jackpots to live and virtual table and card games.
It is. All casinos interested in joining ON’s online gambling market must apply for a license from Ontario’s official gaming commission — AGCO and meet the high standards this regulatory body holds.
Yes, they are. Ontario launched its online gambling market called iGaming Ontario on April 4, 2022. Its online gambling sector now boasts a trove of reputable and reliable licensed casinos.
The government’s casino and lottery websites are safe because they are run by local gambling committees and the governments themselves. Top-tier offshore casinos are also safe to gamble on because they employ top-notch security measures and use the most sophisticated software to keep their players’ personal and financial information secure.
Yes, it is. The Ontario government owns and operates a gaming site called PlayOLG.ca. You can also legally play in overseas casinos.
Online and offline gambling are not taxable at all.
Yes, there are over 25 brick-and-mortar casinos in Ontario.
Lottery products are available only for those who are older than 18, while casino and slot facilities are restricted for persons under the age of 19.