Best Canadian Sports Betting Apps
The online sports betting industry is flourishing, and mobile betting apps are among the main contributors, with millions of bettors using their mobile devices to place wagers on the go. While there are many reasons for the entire gambling industry’s shift towards mobile betting, primarily, it’s because mobile devices have become an indispensable part of our everyday lives.
We use mobile devices not only to make phone calls or send texts but for everything else that makes our lives easier — ordering food, buying and paying via mobile apps, etc. So, it comes as no surprise that sports enthusiasts prefer using a mobile app to bet on various sporting events.
Given that Canadians enjoy betting on various sports, some top-rated bookmakers have launched mobile apps for the most passionate bettors, allowing them to place bets conveniently no matter where they are.
How We Selected the Top Canadian Betting Apps
With most sports betting platforms having mobile apps available to Canadians, picking the best ones wasn’t as easy as we thought it’d be. Naturally, the first thing we needed to do was determine which ones accepted Canadian bettors. Afterwards, we looked into the following specifics:
- Reputation — First off, to even consider an operator and its app, we needed to look up its overall reputation. By exploring player reviews and experiences, we found those in good standing. As you’ll see later on, these operators are the best in the business, with years of experience and thousands of satisfied customers.
- Licensing and security — Nowadays, you can never be too safe online, especially in online gambling, where shady platforms look for ways to scam unsuspecting players. That’s why we took it upon ourselves to find licensed and secure mobile apps. Therefore, our list includes mobile betting apps licensed by the Kahnawake Gaming Commission and other world-class regulatory bodies — UKGC, MGA, Curacao, Gibraltar. Additionally, we looked into their safety protocols and data protection settings. Only mobile apps that employ the latest technologies and top-notch security measures found their place on our list.
- Compatibility — Unfortunately, operators don’t always provide apps for all mobile devices. Since we don’t want anyone to feel left out, we’ll introduce apps available for iOS, Android, Windows, and even Blackberry devices.
- Range of betting opportunities — After ticking all the previous boxes, we explore each app’s selection of betting opportunities. We want to see popular sports, such as soccer, tennis, basketball, as well as those primarily enjoyed among Canadians — curling, ice hockey, baseball, lacrosse, etc.
- Payment methods — Sports betting apps that provide a rich selection of secure payment methods are more convenient and safe to use. Given that Canadian players prefer certain banking solutions more than others, we listed apps that support transactions made via Interac, InstaDebit, ecoPayz, and the classics — credit and debit cards, PayPal, etc.
We added these Canadian sports betting apps to our list only once they met all of our high expectations.
List of the Best Sports Betting Apps in Canada
When it comes to sports betting on mobile devices, the apps we mention below are the cream of the crop. All of them offer exceptional betting opportunities and are compatible with multiple devices. They passed our tests, but depending on your preferences, one app might be more suitable than the rest — it’s up to you to decide which one to download and install.
Operating for more than two decades, bet365 is a world-renowned sports betting provider available to Canadian bettors. Both Android and iOS users can easily download and install the apps on their devices and enjoy a vast selection of sports betting markets — soccer, baseball, ice hockey, basketball, horse racing, tennis, volleyball, along with a range of virtual sports and esports. What’s more, the bet365 app offers in-play betting, live streaming, cash out options, etc.
If you compare the Betway desktop site and its app, you won’t find many differences. Thanks to the operator’s dedication to user experience, Betway community members can find apps for both iOS and Android devices. While the iOS app is available on the App Store, Android users can download the app directly from the website as an APK file. Nevertheless, both apps function seamlessly and offer dozens of sports and betting opportunities and full access to your account, bonuses, deposits and withdrawals.
Operating since the mid-1900s, William Hill can be considered one of the founders of sports betting. Today, it’s a global franchise offering sports betting opportunities to sports enthusiasts all over the world. Moreover, bettors who are always on the go can download iOS or Android apps and place bets on some of the most significant sporting events with just a few clicks — soccer, ice hockey, rugby, tennis, etc. Moreover, bettors have access to in-play events and real-time results on various sports, allowing them to keep up with the latest news.
888sport caters to Canadian bettors and provides them with an excellent selection of betting opportunities. With a user-friendly interface, thousands of markets, and exciting features, the 888sport app is one you should consider downloading. Users can also claim bonuses, bet on live events, make safe deposits and withdrawals on both iOS and Android devices.
Advantages of Using Mobile Betting Apps
If you’re still skeptical about using betting apps, maybe some of these advantages will change your mind. Generally speaking, it’s all about convenience — while sports betting sites require you to be near a computer to place bets, watch live streams, and follow the live game results, mobile apps allow you to do all of this without being tied to one place.
Whether you’re commuting to work, taking a walk or much-needed break, with a couple of clicks, you can place a bet on your favourite sporting event and keep up with the score. Moreover, if you allow push notifications, some apps will notify you when a match ends or if the result changes.
Finally, certain operators will offer mobile app users exclusive bonuses and promotions. Therefore, if you install a sports betting app, keep an eye out for special mobile offers.
Mobile betting is on the rise in Canada, with more sports enthusiasts opting for this convenient way of betting. Operators are always looking to improve the user experience, and launching designated mobile apps might be the best way to do it. While the range of sports betting apps for Canadian bettors might seem limited at the moment, we believe more immersive and unique apps will appear in the future.