Online Scratch Cards in Canada
Scratch cards are the simplest form of games of chance that has stayed popular for years. Moreover, together with the advancement of technology, scratch cards got the online version as well, thus becoming even easier to find. Canadians, like many other people around the world, happen to love scratch cards, which is why we prepared for them the ultimate guide on this simple yet lucrative game that you can now play from the comfort of your home.
Where Can I Find the Best Online Scratch Cards in Canada?
Regardless of where you live in Canada, you will have access to some online scratch platforms. The Canadian lottery system is powered by the Interprovincial Lottery Corporation (ILC) that consists of five regional lottery commissions. Each of these commissions covers particular provinces or territories and regulates online lottery tickets and scratch cards distribution within their borders. This is done in the following way:
- Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corp (OLG) — Ontario
- The British Columbia Lottery Corp (BCLC) — British Columbia
- The Atlantic Lottery Corp (ALC) — New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island
- Loto-Québec — Quebec
- The Western Canada Lottery Corp (WCLC) — Alberta, Manitoba, Nunavut, Northwest Territories, Saskatchewan, Yukon
While Canadians residing in the service areas of the BCLC, ALC, and Loto-Québec can purchase scratch cards simply by creating an account at these regional websites, the players who fall under the OLG and WCLC service area, except Manitoba, cannot do it in such a way.
Anyone who, for some reason, cannot buy their scratch ticket via any of these platforms can turn to internationally regulated online gaming sites that feature this type of game.
How to Play Online Scratch Cards in Canada
Whatever website you choose for playing scratch cards, you will have to register first. This is done in a few simple steps and requires only a few minutes of your time. The only thing you need to do is provide the necessary details and agree with terms and conditions.
Once you create an account, you will have to make a deposit so you can purchase a scratch card of your choice. When you deposit money, the next step is choosing the scratch card game, and then manually or automatically scratching the online card.
By scratching the card, certain symbols get revealed. If you’ve got a winning combination, you can claim your prize.
Different Types of Scratch Cards
Nowadays, online scratch cards come in different shapes and sizes. The most common types of scratch cards Canadian players can play with are:
- Instant win scratch card — This is the simplest form of scratch card, and playing with it can’t be any easier. You get a card and scratch it either manually or automatically to reveal the combination.
- Lines — This is a larger card consisting of more fields. The goal is to get winning symbols that form a single line.
- Themed scratch card — These scratch cards can be found in online gaming establishments and it can feature various different themes with respective symbols, the combination of which determines the winner.
Advantages of Real Money Scratch Cards
Scratch cards are a common choice among Canadians when it comes to games of chance. There are a few reasons for that:
- A simple game — Scratch cards do not require any knowledge or skills. Moreover, with the online version of scratch cards, you don’t even have to scratch it by yourself. Instead, the program can be set to do it automatically for you.
- Small investment — The minimum deposit for online scratch cards starts as low as $0.1 per round. This means you can never be that broke not to be able to scratch a card or two.
- Big prizes — Even though they don’t require huge deposits, online scratch cards can throw a huge prize.
- Try your luck whenever you want — Unlike table games that require an empty space at the table, online scratch cards are available literally every moment of the day and night. Whenever you feel Lady Luck might smile on you, the tickets will be available.
- Scratch your card anywhere — Before the introduction of the online version of scratch cards, players had to go out and find the tickets’ selling point. Today, apart from being able to scratch them online, players can also do it via their mobile phones, as almost every online venue that offers scratch tickets can be visited via the smartphone’s web browser.
How to Claim Your Prize From Online Scratch Cards?
No matter if you want to purchase a scratch card from a state-regulated website or the international one, you have to create an account and deposit some money first by using any of the available payment methods. This can be a credit or debit card, an e-wallet, or any other available alternative you fancy. Once you win a prize from an online scratch card, your winnings will be credited to your account on the respective platform. From that moment on, you are free to withdraw your winnings by using your favourite payment method.
Why Should I Play Online Scratch Cards?
Online scratch cards are the easiest way to get some significant sum of money for a very small investment. Apart from that, it’s still a game of chance that will bring the sense of excitement while you are scratching the card and waiting for the symbols to appear and show you your luck for the day. If you have never tried it before, try out scratching at least one card just for fun, as there’s really not much to lose, and possible gain can be quite good.
Where can I find online scratch cards in Canada?
There are several state-regulated lottery commissions that offer online scratch cards. In case you cannot buy your online scratch cards via those sites, you can always do it on international platforms.
Are there any bonuses for online scratch cards?
You can get bonuses for playing online scratch cards in the majority of online gaming establishments. However, always check the terms and conditions to see whether the bonus can be used for playing scratch cards of your choice.
What are the alternatives to scratch cards?
If you don’t like scratch cards, you can always try playing online bingo or lottery. Ultimately, online slots proved to be interesting enough to beat the scratch cards.
Are scratch cards a scam?
If you choose to play scratch cards on trustworthy online sites, you can rest assured that everything will be fair, as there are Random Number Generators powering these games. However, there are plenty of shady websites offering online scratch cards, so be careful when choosing the one to play.
How can I claim my online scratch card winnings?
Once you get a prize, the winnings will be credited to your account on the respective platform you have chosen to play at. From there, you can withdraw your money by using any of the available payment methods such as credit and debit cards, e-wallets, and more.