Play Online Roulette
No other game encapsulates the casino experience better than roulette – choosing from the multitude of betting options, placing your chips, watching the ball spin round, the anticipation as you wait for the ball to drop and then the thrill as you see your number come in. Online roulette masterfully recreates the bricks and mortar playing experience whilst adding to it by offering a variety of different roulette games and bonuses.
If you’re new to the game see our roulette playing guide below. If you’re ready to play, then choose from our list of the best online roulette sites for Canadians in the table below.
Top Online Roulette Sites
|Sign Up 100% up to C$ 300 + 300 Spins||VISIT CASINO|
|Sign Up 100% up to C$ 1,000||VISIT CASINO|
|No Deposit C$ 20||VISIT CASINO|
|No Deposit C$ 88||VISIT CASINO|
|Sign Up 100% up to C$ 1,000 + 20 Spins||VISIT CASINO|
How do we recommend our top roulette casinos?
All of our top roulette sites have passed and exceeded the following criteria we use when looking for the best roulette sites:
1) Variety of roulette games: Whilst roulette can’t offer the same opportunity for game variety like slots there is still a number of different types of roulette and opportunity for game variety. Each of our recommended roulette sites offer different roulette game options from classic European roulette to American roulette to multi-wheel roulette, Jackpot City Casino for instance offer 8 different types of roulette games
2) Graphics and Gameplay: All of our casinos are powered by the top casino software companies be it Microgaming, Playtech or Net Entertainment, as such you can be assured of both great graphics and seamless gameplay when you play roulette at any of our recommended sites
3) Roulette Bonuses: Having a lower house edge than slots means that roulette is less favorable in the casino’s eyes when it comes to wagering contributions to the welcome bonus. Still, we’ve searched around and found those roulette casinos which do offer favourable % contributions. See our article on casino bonuses for more info on wagering requirements
How do I play roulette online?
Playing roulette online is very easy, just follow these steps:
1) Place your bets on the roulette board – use your mouse to maneuver the chips with the amount you want to bet.
2) Press spin – the ball is released on the virtual roulette wheel
3) The ball rests in a number slot – is it a number you covered with one of your bets? Yes, then you win according to the bet you made and the virtual dealer will pay out.
4) Press repeat if you wish to repeat the same bets, press clear and place your chip again if you want to make new bets
What are the different bets and pay-outs in roulette?
See our table below for the full range of different roulette bets you can make and the payouts for each
|Bet Type||Table Placement||Payout||Odds|
|Single Number||Place chip directly covering single number||1:1||3%|
|2 Numbers||Place chip on line between 2 single numbers||17:1||5%|
|3 Numbers||Place chip at end of row of three numbers||11:1||8%|
|4 Numbers||Place chip on middle point of 4 numbers||5:1||11%|
|5 Numbers||Place chip on point between zero and one||6:1||13%|
|6 Numbers||Place chip at point between 2 rows of 3 numbers||5:1||16%|
|Column||Place chip at end of column covering 1st, 2nd or 3rd column||2:1||32%|
|Dozen||Place chip on section for 1st, 2nd and 3rd dozens||2:1||32%|
|Low / High||Place chip on section for 1-18 or 19-36||1:1||47%|
|Even / Odd||Place chip on section for even or odd numbers||1:1||47%|
|Red / Black||Place chip on section for red numbers or black numbers||1:1||47%|
What are the different types of video roulette?
There are three main types of roulette with the casino software companies then spinning off different variation from each:
European Roulette: European roulette is the most popular version of roulette and the type we recommend playing. It has 37 cells, 1-36 alternating between red and black and a single zero on a green cell. The house edge in European roulette is from 2.6% to 2.7% depending upon the software provider.
American Roulette: American roulette contain an extra zero cell (00). This increases the house edge from 2.6% to 5.2% as there are now two cells which aren’t red or black (the most popular 1 to 1 bet on the roulette board.
French Roulette: French roulette is similar to European roulette containing just the single zero. The main difference from European roulette is the Le Partage rule, which means that if you place an even money bet i.e. red or black and the ball lands in the zero cell you only lose half your bet unlike European roulette where you lose it all.
How can I increase my chances of winning?
Over the years a number of roulette strategies and systems have been developed, some more plausible than others to try and beat the system. Whilst they are interesting to read and try out now and again, ultimately they don’t work as the house edge is built into the game meaning that the odds of the game favour the house over the long run as it does for all casino games.
Instead of trying to ‘beat the system’ you should pick bets according to the risks you want to take, play within your bankroll and just try and have fun and see where your luck takes you.
The Martingale System provides a good example for a misconception. People believe that doubling up your bets (even bets – red/black only) each time will eventually make you a winner, but that isn’t true. The first thing you have to notice is that roulette tables have a maximum limit. So if you start of by a CA$5 bet, and the limit is CA$100, it will only give you 4 tries to win. The second thing is that you have a limited amount of money which also reflects on your initial bet. If you have the intention of blowing 10,000 on the roulette, your initial bet will probably start off at CA$200 or more, which will give you 6 tries to win. If you failed, you will lose almost 10,000. If you win on your first bet, you will only gain CA$200. The bottom line is that it doesn’t work.
Can I play roulette online for free?
Yes, all our top Canadian roulette sites offer free online roulette on their demo mode/free play. Playing for free is a good way to familiarize yourself with the roulette table, wheel and betting options if you’re new to the game. Once you’re up and running though we recommend playing real money roulette. The difference and thrill between playing for free and for real money are incomparable.
What are my next steps to play the game?
1) Choose a roulette casino from one of our recommended sites here or from our casino reviews page
2) Check the wagering contributions that roulette makes to the welcome bonus (see the terms and conditions section)
3) If you never played the game before, practice on demo mode and learn the different betting options
4) When you’re ready make a deposit
5) Choose from one of the game variations of European or French roulette
6) Play within your bankroll limits
7) Have fun!