Baccarat is one of the most popular card games in both Canada and the rest of the world. If you want to join the scores of people who enjoy baccarat online, you’re in the right place!
In this piece, we’ll tell you everything you need to know about playing online baccarat for real money, including the best online casinos with Baccarat. Keep reading to find out!
Best Sites for Baccarat
- Games 4999
- Payout Pending time: 1-5 business days; Processing time: up to 5 business days;
- Wagering req. 20
- Games 4679
- Payout 1-5 business days
- Wagering req. 20
- Games 6288
- Payout KYC: up to 72 hours; Pending time: 0-24 hours; E-wallets: Instant; Bank Transfer: 3-10 business days;
- Wagering req. 40xB
- Games 5449
- Payout E-wallets: Instant; Credit/Debit Cards: 1-5 business days; Bank Transfer: 3-10 business days
- Wagering req. 40
- Games 968
- Payout Pending time: up to 2 business days; Credit/Debit Cards: 1-3 business days; Bank transfer: 3-5 business days;
- Games 4513
- Payout KYC: 48 hours; E-wallets: Same day; Credit/Debit Cards/Wire Transfer: 2-7 business days
- Games 4686
- Payout KYC: up to 72 hours; Pending time: up to 3 business days; E-wallets: 24-48 hours; Credit/Debit Cards: 3-5 business days; Wire Transfer: 4-7 business days
- Wagering req. 40xB
- Games 4726
- Payout Pending time: 72 hours; E-wallets: Instant; Credit/Debit Cards; Bank Transfer: Up to 5 business days
- Wagering req. 60x(B+D)
- Games 5460
- Payout Pending time: up to 3 business days; E-wallets: 24-48 hours; Credit/Debit Cards: up to 5 business days; Wire Transfer: 4-7 business days
- Wagering req. 50
- Games 4913
- Payout KYC: within 12 hours; E-wallets/Bitcoin: Instant; Credit/Debit Cards: 1-3 business days; Bank Transfer: 3-10 business days
How to Play Baccarat Online
Baccarat was invented in 15th century France and Italy, but it quickly spread much further. Today, most people play baccarat online, but the game’s basic rules are pretty much the same as in land-based casinos, and the premise of the game hasn’t changed over the centuries.
The first thing you need to do before you start playing baccarat is to join the casino that suits your needs and offers enough baccarat games. Once you do, all you need is to make a deposit and start playing.
If you’re not familiar with how the game is played, it’s actually quite simple. Baccarat is entirely based on luck, so all you need to know are the basic rules. However, we’ll also cover a few tips later on.
The game starts with you choosing the amount you want to bet and then betting on either the ‘Player’, the ‘Banker’ or a ‘Tie’. Then, the player and the banker receive two cards, both of which are facing up. In some rare cases, more cards are dealt, but it’s usually just the two of them.
The winner is the one whose card score is closest to 9. However, the way the score is calculated is a bit complicated. The value of the two cards is added together, but if it’s over 9, then only the second digit of the number is used. So, if you get a score of 13, your score will actually be 3. Also, aces are counted as 1, while 10–K are counted as 0. All other cards are counted as their actual value.
As for how much you can win from your bet, it depends on the option you’ve chosen to bet on:
- If you bet on the Banker, the payout is 95% of the wager;
- If you bet on the Player, the payout is 100% of the wager;
- If you bet on a Tie, the payout is worth 8:1.
The best of the three is always the Player, as betting on the Player means you get the highest chances of winning. Plus, you don’t have to pay a 5% commission like with Banker bets.
Tips for Winning at Baccarat
As baccarat is a game of chance, there’s not much you can do to increase your chances of winning except learning to play the game. However, there are always a few things you can do to improve your chances:
- Always check the odds and the house edge! These might differ depending on the casino.
- In most cases, it’s best to bet on the Player.
- Play short sessions, and don’t go chasing the losses.
- Have a specific betting strategy, and don’t change it if you run into a few losing sessions.
- Have a specific bankroll, including a loss and win limit that you will never break, no matter what happens.
- Avoid betting on a Tie, as the chances of winning this bet are less than 10%.
The Types of Baccarat
Even though the basic premise of the game hasn’t changed for centuries, there are still a couple of variations of the standard baccarat game, i.e. a few different types of baccarat. Let’s see what they are:
- Standard Baccarat — You bet on either the Player, the Banker, or a Tie, and the hand that’s closest to 9 wins.
- No Commission Baccarat — It’s the same as standard baccarat, but there are no commissions.
- Punto Baccarat — As many as 14 players can play this simplified Cuban version of the standard baccarat game.
- Mini Baccarat — The game is almost the same as the standard version, with the only difference being that you’re playing with one croupier, instead of three of them. Mini Baccarat is quite popular in the US.
- Chemin de Fer — The Banker makes the first bet, while the Player chooses if they want to challenge the Banker or not. The role of the Banker changes among players every time the Banker loses.
It’s also worth mentioning that you can play baccarat live, as most casinos with a Live Dealer section offer Live Baccarat games as well.
Almost all casinos that offer baccarat for real money have bonuses. It’s thus crucial for you to pick one of the better casino bonuses that work for baccarat games as well. As baccarat is a game of chance, the bonuses are likely to give you more chances to win some substantial sums in this exciting card game.
There are plenty of bonuses you can find, but some of the best ones for baccarat are:
- Welcome bonus — any bonus you receive after joining a casino and making your first deposit.
- No deposit bonus — a rarer form of bonus loved by all casino players. You get a specific amount to spend in the casino just for registering an account.
- Match bonus — the casino matches your deposit with a specific amount that’s usually 100% of what you’ve deposited. Bear in mind that these bonuses always have a maximum amount you can get as a match bonus for your deposit.
- VIP bonus — a bonus for high rollers. The more you spend, the more perks you can get, many of which are quite beneficial for baccarat games.
Online baccarat is quite a popular card game across the globe, and it’s very exciting to play, even though the rules are very simple. Many would say that this simplicity is what makes it perfect and enjoyable for most players.
If you think the game is the right for you, you should choose one of the best online casinos that offer baccarat games for real money, and start having fun in your favourite baccarat game!