Top ecoPayz Sports Betting Sites in Canada
ecoPayz is a global payment system available in over 160 countries, including Canada. The popularity of ecoPayz among Canadian punters has been steadily increasing in recent years, mainly because it supports fast deposits and cashouts in CAD, the ability to claim welcome deposits, and many more. As mentioned in a previous article, ecoPayz is utilized at online casinos and can be used at sports betting sites too.
This guide is designed with a single goal — to give you all the information you may need about ecoPayz, including the best sportsbooks in Canada that offer it, how to make payments using this method, its advantages and disadvantages, and everything else.
Top ecoPayz Sportsbooks in Canada
Considering the popularity of ecoPayz and its widespread presence in the iGaming industry, it’s no wonder that there are so many ecoPayz sportsbooks in Canada. However, not all are worth your time and money. Our experts have come up with a list of top sports betting sites with the best odds, bonuses, and betting markets.
|Sign Up 100% up to CA$ 500||Bet Now|
|Sign Up 100% up to CA$ 1,000||Bet Now|
|Sign Up CA$ 100||Bet Now|
What Is ecoPayz?
ecoPayz is a fast, secure, and convenient e-wallet with two decades of experience processing online payments. In 2008, PSI-Pay Ltd, the company behind ecoPayz, became regulated by the UK’s FCA and licensed by the British FSA (Financial Services Authority).
Over the years, ecoPayz added a series of payment services to its portfolio, including ecoAccount, ecoCard, ecoVirtualcard, ecoVoucher, and many other products and services, thus expanding its offer to prepaid vouchers, debit cards, and not just e-wallet payments.
ecoPayz was also on the receiving end of many awards from the financial community. In 2014, ecoCard won “Best Prepaid Card Design” at the Prepaid365 Awards. In 2019, PSI-Pay Ltd was nominated for two awards: “Partnership or Collaboration of the Year” and “Payment Solution of the Year” at GGA London.
With an ecoPayz account, you can make fast and secure payments to sports betting sites without revealing your financial records to the bookmaker. You can use various other payment methods to top up your ecoPayz account, including bank transfers, online banking, credit/debit cards, and other prepaid payment systems.
Why Choose ecoPayz Sportsbooks?
There are several key benefits you can count on when betting on ecoPayz sportsbooks. Among the most important ones, we can highlight fast payments, quick cashouts, 24/7 multilingual support, and security. Here’s a more detailed overview of perks associated with ecoPayz:
- Multiple currencies supported — ecoPayz allows you to make payments in CAD, so there’s no need to worry about fees or currency conversions.
- Sensitive details protected at all times — ecoPayz uses the latest SSL encryption methods to safeguard all financial transactions. Also, it complies with all the Payment Card Industry and Data Security Standards (PCI and DSS).
- You can claim welcome bonus promotions — Unlike its counterparts, Skrill and Neteller, ecoPayz can be used to claim welcome bonuses at sportsbooks.
- 24/7 support — ecoPayz offers its users 24/7 support in multiple languages.
- Mobile app — ecoPayz has developed a native app you can use to fund your sports betting account on the go.
- VIP program — The provider runs a special, multi-tiered VIP loyalty program for its customers, offering free money transfers, lower deposit fees, and more.
Drawbacks of ecoPayz
Despite the numerous advantages of using ecoPayz, the method is not without its flaws. Thankfully, the benefits surpass the downsides, but we also wanted to point these out to give you a complete picture.
- ecoPayz incurs additional costs — Funding your ecoPayz account involves extra costs. Those costs differ depending on the method of funding and are usually within 1.69–6.00% + $0.33 of the amount of the entire transaction. The costs also change depending on your account level.
- Not all ecoPayz products are available in Canada — ecoPayz’s ecoCard and ecoVirtualcard are not available in Canada. You can only use the services within the European Economic Area.
- You can’t top up your ecoPayz account using other e-wallets — ecoPayz doesn’t support top-ups using other e-wallets, which significantly limits your options.
How to Set Up an ecoPayz Account
Registering an account with ecoPayz requires you to complete a few simple steps. Opening an account is entirely free. Here’s what you need to do to get started with ecoPayz:
- Go to ecoPayz’s official website.
- Press the green Sign Up button found on the homepage.
- Complete the registration process by providing personal information such as name, email, date of birth, address, mobile phone number, and the source of funds.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
- Create an account.
How to Make a Deposit Using ecoPayz
Topping up your sportsbook balance using ecoPayz is just as simple as opening an ecoPayz account. Here’s the entire process:
- Register an account with a bookmaker from our list or log in to your existing account.
- Head to the “Cashier” or the “Banking” section of your account.
- Click on “Deposit” and select ecoPayz from the list of options.
- Log in to your ecoPayz account by using the necessary credentials.
- Input the amount you wish to deposit and confirm the transaction.
- Your deposit should be visible in your account almost instantly.
How to Make a Cash Out Using ecoPayz
Most ecoPayz bookmakers will allow you to withdraw your winnings via ecoPayz, but note that you must complete an account verification procedure first. This procedure is a part of the casino’s KYC policy. Once you get that out of the way, you can make a withdrawal quickly by following these steps:
- Click on the “Withdraw” option in your account.
- Choose ecoPayz.
- Enter the amount you wish to withdraw.
- Click on the “Confirm” button.
Note that ecoPayz withdrawals are normally completed within 1–3 business days. After the winnings reach your ecoPayz account, you can then transfer them to your bank account or other available methods the payment provider supports.
ecoPayz Fees and Limits
Most sportsbooks on our list won’t charge you any fees for ecoPayz deposits and withdrawals. However, the payment service comes with several additional costs you must be aware of. The costs depend on the status of your account and a few other factors. Here’s the full table of fees and limits that apply.
|ecoPayz Account Level|
|Bank wire deposit||0.00–10.00%||0.00–10.00%||0.00–10.00%||0.00–10.00%||0.00–10.00%|
|Bank deposit to Virtual IBAN / Account||FREE||FREE||FREE||FREE||FREE|
|Credit card deposit||1.69–6.00%
|1.69–6.00% + $0.33||1.69–6.00% + $0.33||1.69–6.00%
|1.69–6.00% + $0.33|
|Alternative currency deposit||FREE||FREE||FREE||FREE||FREE|
|Receive money via Western Union||FREE||FREE||FREE||FREE||FREE|
|Send money via Western Union||FREE||FREE||FREE||FREE||FREE|
|Bank transfer from Virtual IBAN / Account||FREE||FREE||FREE||FREE||FREE|
|zestPay transfer||X||1.00% (min $7.78)||1.00% (min $7.78)||1.00% (min $7.78)||1.00% (min $3.82)|
|Transfer to another ecoPayz Account (sender pays)||X||1.50% (min $0.66)||FREE||FREE||FREE|
|Transfer to/from ecoPayz Merchant||FREE||FREE||FREE||FREE||FREE|
Is ecoPayz legal and regulated in Canada?
ecoPayz is owned by PSI-Pay Ltd, a company authorized by the UK’s FCA and FSA. It accepts payments from Canada and supports CAD as currency.
Can I claim the sign-up bonus if I deposit with ecoPayz?
Yes, you can. Sportsbooks impose no restrictions on claiming the welcome bonus if players deposit via ecoPayz.
Can I make a withdrawal through ecoPayz?
Yes, it’s possible to cash out using ecoPayz as your preferred method, but first, make sure that your bookmaker allows such cashouts.